BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Concert Adventure.

Candice and I before the show.
My friend Candice and I went to the Framing Hanley concert last night at Headliners. The Venue was horrible un-air conditioned and i could have lived without a few of the bands i saw last night, but all in all it was an amazing night. I mean, who doesn't love standing in a heated room for 5 hours listening to rock-scream? Well, me, actually. I'm not a fan of the 'rock-scream'(you know, where they just scream hoarsely into the mic and you cant understand what they're trying to say?) or extreme temperatures. BUT it was worth standing in the sweltering heat and being compacted next to gross sweaty bodies.Luckily i remembered to pile on the Deodorant before leaving for the show!

We met some new people- A Kristina, a 14 year old chick who was pretty awesome, she even shares my same dorky love for Degrassi, and her 'bodyguard' for the night, i believe his name was Mike?

We got introduced to new bands such as, Harrowsfield, and there was a band i cant seem to figure out what the name is...weep the belldamn? or something like that. I wish i knew, they were good. And we were lucky enough to see Transmit Now who I had heard a lot of great things about.They were Awesome! Highly recommend their stuff!
Awesome guy from Transmit Now!

 AND I got a guitar pic thrown at me by Brandon from Framing Hanley. Apparently it pays off to get caught taking pictures of him during the show! As I'm taking the picture of him, he chucked the pick straight at me and whacked me right in the stomach...it was AWESOME!
Until i realized i couldn't find it in the dark. So we waited, then he threw another pick into the crowd (in our vicinity) which made everyone start searching (freaking me out because i didn't want them to find *my* pick.)



I took a picture trying to use the light to find the pick.;P

The 14 yo found it though so when the lights came on and everyone was leaving i was able to say, "Oh yeah, that pick? It was already found.' leaving me ample opportunity to grab *my* pick. It's now hanging on the cork board in my room. Granted, i know its just a pick, and its not the coolest thing in the world, but its pretty damn cool to me.

Nixon from Framing Hanley.
 Later, some Drunkasorous Rex sloshed her fruity alcoholic drink on my head and face, which, in the heat felt nice but was still annoying. I mean, who really wants booze in the face? Luckily her friend took note of my stink eye(or maybe it was because of the guy behind me who yelled at her?) and grabbed her drink from her.

People: if your going to get trashed at a concert, do not go crazy and try to 'rock out' by throwing your hands (and drink) in the air. It makes for very angry neighbors.

And while i don't really see the point in 'moshing' it was fun to watch. And also, the guy behind us(who started out in front of us, he was one of the people we befriended, Mike?) stood in our path so we didn't get mauled by the Moshers. What a gentleman!

After the show my bed decided to nag me till i finally caved and went to sleep, it took the whole next day of recovering for my ears to stop ringing. ;D 


Us after, or, during the show?!

0 comments: